Wednesday, January 9, 2013

To Los Angeles

It feels like forever, since the last time I posted anything on here, and I know I promised to be more consistent with my posts, but I've been so preoccupied lately. I beg the question- do I even have the time? To simply put it, yes I do have the time; it's just seems as if I don't because there are so many tasks at hand and time is perpetually used up- if I'm not going out to the next social, I'm slouched over my laptop, searching for lucrative funding toward international study.

For those of you who don't know, I've been accepted to study a year long acting program, at the New York Film Academy. I'm really excited and nervous at the time, but let's not venture off into talk of my emotions at this point. Right now, I've got to get funding for tuition, travel expenses, living costs, accommodation, and other related costs, etc, sorted out so that study can be possible. Sure, I've been accepted with a $2000 scholarship (roughly R18000), but I've got to come up with the rest of the money on my own. I'm reaching out to organizations, businesses, and people, who are willing to assist me in this endeavour. For a while, I didn't even know where to begin, but I've decided to just do so, instead of wonder where to. It's really crazy, but overwhelming mostly, to think that my audition was worthy enough, to grant me access to a school with such a high caliber and with so much prestige. (trust me, the list of alumni makes me feel like I'm definitely in line for an Oscar or something HA HA)

Anyway, if I secure funding, I'll be off to the States, in the last week of June, to settle in before my first class on July 10. Wish me all of the best luck, and do so in every language possible, because believe me I do rely on it. I've already begun praying to, "To Whom It May Concern", since one cannot be too sure this year, and I really beg of the relevant deity to guide me. Gosh just listen to me...busy praying here- ridiculous, I know; I'm not even religious.


No comments:

Post a Comment