Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Poem: Black Widow Talk




maybe it's okay,

    I tell myself
   as my body deliquesces through
   the magic silver duvet
   thinking of that summer when all
   the nice things turned to little seeds
   that god said i should plant
   when i aksed him for the answers

it was so empty, doors stood open
through which no shadow walked
i stopped playing the piano
and stopped all that Madonna on the radio
so the longing would dismember itself
in my rejection

i still remember how your face
began to melt into your chest
the more i tried to touch it in that mirror
i kept at my disposal all the time
-our means of communication, our way
of being there,

            in our absence

maybe it's okay

           i think
           if there's no one there

-Raeez Jacobs
©RaeezJacobs. Poetry. 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment