Friday, November 8, 2013

Poem: Addiction- Raeez Jacobs



I'm so addicted to you
And I don't know why
I'm so stuck on you
The things you do

And the way you act
When you get shy and embarrassed 
Or when you say things
That make my world pause
And my muscles tighten in my skin

I'm addicted to what you mean
How you come between my consonants and my vowels
And reshape me to perfection

I'm addicted to the way you answer the night 
And converse with themorning 
Speaking wars from savage to abolished
You stop the demons in their tracks

And guard me from the things
That make my mind run amock in a mental frenzy
I'm addicted to the way you drive me crazy

Weakening my vogue and sending my soul off 
attached to the wings of the wind
Feeling akin with the atmosphere

I'm addicted to your touch and your history
To the way every moment with you
Is a lesson by which my heart
Is made to beat in the shade of your heart

I'm addicted to the way you
Insinuate omnipotence

That power by 
which
 i'm drawn 
Eternally to every 
place 
you adorn.

©RaeezJacobs. Poetry. 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment